A delicious recipe of the highest class.
The delicious recipe of GaultMillau's star chef Martin Göschel is perfect when you want to serve something special for your loved ones. Hobby chefs and gourmets get their money's worth!
Working time: 60 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes
- 250 g protein
- 125 g sugar
- 38 g white flour (type 405)
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 5 g baking powder
- 38 g liquid butter
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 50 g butter
- 135 g chocolate mass, hazelnut
- 225 g Choba-Choba milk chocolate
- 82 g crunchy flakes
- 5 g powdered instant coffee
Coffee butter cream light / dark
- 175 ml milk
- 75 ml espresso
- 1 egg
- 37 g corn starch
- 205 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- 4 cl coffee liqueur
- 2 cl Amaretto
- 1 vanilla pod
- 250 g strawberry puree
- 125 g wild strawberry puree
- 25 g sugar
- 2.5 g Agar Agar
- 5 g pectin
- 25 ml lemon juice
Choba Choba Chocolate Glaze
- 350 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 40 g glucose
- 450 g Choba-Choba dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- For the sponge cake, whip egg white with sugar and salt until firm. Mix almond flour, hazelnut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the flour and fold into the egg white mixture. Stir in the liquid butter and spread it on a baking tray covered with baking paper (approx. 5 mm high). Bake at 180 °C for about 12 minutes. After cooling down, cut into the desired size.
- For the crunchy mixture, melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over warm water. Mix in the remaining ingredients and spread on baking paper (approx. 1-2 mm high). Allow to set. Then cut the crunchy chocolate into the desired size.
- For the butter cream, bring the milk, espresso, sugar and vanilla pulp to the boil. Mix the egg with the cornstarch and add to the boiled milk. Stir and thicken to a cream. Put it in a cold place!
- Beat the butter until foamy and fold in the cooled cream. Flavour with the liqueur.
- Remove 1/3 of this cream and mix with 50 g (melted in a water bath) Choba-Choba dark chocolate. So that a light and a dark butter cream is created.
- Bring the puree to the boil for the strawberry jelly. Mix the agar agar and pectin powder with the sugar and add to the boiling puree, stir well. Boil up again briefly and add lemon juice. Let cool down.
- Bring all ingredients for the glaze to the boil and let it cool down in the refrigerator.
- Put together the Choba-Choba-Chocolate slices by laying a square baking tin with foil and lay the following layers on top of each other: Crunchy mass, nut cookie, light butter cream, jelly, nut cookie, strawberry jelly, nut cookie, dark butter cream, nut cookie and finally light butter cream again.
- Cover in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to cool down and let it rest.
- Take the slices out of the mould and place them on a grid. Pour the chocolate icing generously over them. Refrigerate again for about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Cut into desired portions and put them on a plate. Serve immediately.
The Choba Choba Chocolate Slice is perfect to garnish with marinated strawberries and a chocolate ice cream.