At Choba Choba the data protection has the highest priority and, since we started, we always made sure to build our services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind and expect the same from our business partners.
- We keep your data safely and securely only for long it is necessary
- We use your data fairly and lawfully to improve your experience
- You are in charge of how and when you hear from us
- We do not sell any of your personal information provided
You agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy in its entirety when you access or use the Sites. We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any non-Choba Choba services to which Sites links or that links to the Sites.
To use Choba Choba Sites, you warrant and represent to be at least 16 years old.
1) When is data collected and for what purpose?
At Choba Choba we limit the amount and type of data that we collect to what is necessary for the identified purposes and do not collect Data unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
Although the precise details of the Data collected will vary according to the specific purpose, we may typically collect the following Data from or in relation to you:
Information about Your use of the Sites ("Usage Data"). It may include Your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of Your Site use. The source of the Usage Data is an analytics tracking third party system.
The Usage Data may be processed to operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Products and Services to You.
Information included in Your personal profile on the Sites or provided through the Sites ("Account Information."). It may include, but not limited to:
- Your Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Profile pictures
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Interests and Hobbies
- Your Payment and transaction details
- Social Security and/or Tax ID number
- Place a product order
- Supply the products and services,
- Promote and advertise our products and services
- Provide support, and improving, fixing, and customizing our Services
- Provide information on our products and services and our special offers
- Deliver and take-back products and to manage warranties
- Meet our legal obligations, such as: to conduct product call-back operations; and to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities.
Information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding products and/or services or to access your data ("Enquiry Data").
The Enquiry Data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant products and/or services to you or to respond to requests for information.
Information relating to transactions, including purchases and delivery of products and services that You enter into with us, through the Website ("Transaction Data"). The Transaction Data may include your contact details, the card details provided and the transaction details.
The Transaction Data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased goods and services, allowing to manage Your order and keeping proper records of those transactions.
Information that you provide to us, through the Site for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters ("Notification Data").
The Notification Data may be processed for the purposes of sending You the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. If you do not wish to receive such mailings anymore, simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or contact us and/or as set forth under “Your rights” below.
Information contained in or relating to any communication through the Website ("Correspondence Data"). The Correspondence Data may include but is not limited to the communication content and metadata associated with the communication and eventually your response.
The Correspondence Data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping.
2) What is the legal basis for the collection and use of Data?
We collect, use, and share the data on the following legal basis:
- as is necessary to fulfil our contractual terms and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract;
- as consistent with your consent, which you can amend, update, or revoke at any time;
- in compliance with the consent you provided to the analytics tracking third parties for the Usage Data;
- as necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest to operate our business in accordance with legitimate commercial practice, for example to provide products and services and issue direct marketing; to maintain accounts and records; to prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Choba Choba Products and Services, violations of our terms and policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Products), our users or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; to secure systems and fight spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities and promote safety and security across the Choba Choba Sites; internal group administration and administration of other relationships;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and to protect your interests, or those of others;
3) How is data shared, transferred and disclosed?
Group companies. When you provide information to us, we may use that information to provide information and services to you as requested. We may need to share your information with affiliated companies to help operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Products and Services. This includes helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our Sites are used and securing systems. We also share information to fight spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities and promote safety and security across the Choba Choba Sites.
Whenever we share or transfer data to group companies we require them to use your Data in accordance with this Policy.
Third-Party Service Providers. We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, secure, support, and market our Services.
When we share information with third-party service providers to perform support services for us, they may access your Data only for the purposes of performing those support services (in accordance with our instructions), and must keep your Data securely.
Authorities. In addition to the specific disclosures of information as set out in the Policy, we may also have to disclose your information where such disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another person, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure or in order to meet national security or law enforcement compliance.
When we share information with authorities they may access your Data only on legitimate grounds and for the specified purposes.
4) How long do we keep the data?
We only keep Your Data for as long as is necessary to satisfy the specified purposes and services that You have requested, providing that no legal requirements exist to the contrary such as in the case of retention periods required by trade or tax regulations or resolve disputes.
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your Data, please follow the instruction in Section 8.
5) How can You exercise your rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation or any other applicable privacy laws, you have the right to access, rectify, port, and erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information, unless the processing is based on compelling legitimate grounds or is needed for legal reasons.
Where we use your Data for marketing, you can always object and opt out of future marketing messages using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
You can update the delivery or billing information, as well as other Personal Information, you provided to us by logging-in to Your Customer Account page, and making the appropriate changes or corrections yourself by clicking the edit button. You may also de-activate your account, by contacting our customer support team at email@example.com. Once you do so, your account will then be de-activated on a going-forward basis, although certain Personal Information may still be retained to the extent necessary to fulfil our legitimate business needs, comply with applicable law, resolve disputes, and enforce our contracts.
To exercise your rights in all other cases, please follow the instruction in Section 8.
6) How do we store, secure and reatain data
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to any other third parties except as provided in the Privacy Notice. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
How to control cookies
You can follow the instructions provided by your browser or device (usually located under "Settings" or "Preferences") to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser or device to disable cookies, certain of our Sites may not function properly.
8) Your rights
How you may access your personal data and seek its correction
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us (email@example.com). You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
How to contact us
CHOBA CHOBA , registered in Switzerland acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice ; email at firstname.lastname@example.org regular mail at Wylerringstrasse 36, 3014 Berne, Switzerland.