Cacao farmers and changemakers
We are both. We embrace this challenge – by taking our faith in our own hands, we make change happen. We are cacao farmers, passionate experts, resilient and positive. We are changemakers, eager to find our way.
In 2020 and 2021, we invited our community of chocolate lovers to join us as shareholders. With two successful crowdfunding rounds, we are the first chocolate company owned by a global community of farmers and consumers!
This shows even more the connection we embody between two distant but interdependent worlds: cacao production and chocolate indulgence.
Stay tuned for the next opportunity to join us and register on our waiting list!
The Choba Choba Ecosystem
Choba Choba is an award-winning chocolate brand, however we are so much more than that: a We are a farmer centric and impact driven ecosystem that consists of 3 interdependent entities, acting together to deliver real and transparent impact
1. CoopACCC – Cooperativa Agraria Cacaotera Choba Choba (Peru): Our cooperative grows, harvests, ferments, and dries our cacao according to our social, environmental, and quality standards.
2. Choba Choba AG (Switzerland): At Choba Choba AG, we entrust our beans to Swiss Chocolate Makers that we select and accompany in the process of transforming them into the best chocolate. And we market and distribute that chocolate to customers and consumers.
3. Choba Choba Foundation (Switzerland): Our non-profit organization’s mission is to co-create hands-on solutions for small scale cocoa farmers in the Peruvian Amazon to thrive as professional entrepreneurs and preserve their environment.
Social Business awards
- Seif Awards for Social Entrepreneurship, Jury Special Mention - 2016
- Swiss Ashoka-UBS Social Innovator - 2016
- Viva Premios Schmidheiny, 2nd place - 2018
- Prix Suisse de l’Ethique - 2021